OPEN AUDITIONS for ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’- 2019
Who May Audition
- Interested actors from age 8 & up
When May You Audition
- You must reserve an audition time
- Go to the Menu and click on the link to ‘Audition Reservations’ in the Menu; choose a convenient time for an audition and then contact us at email@example.com.
- Friday evenings 7:00 – 9:00 pm (May 31st, June 7th, 14th, and 21st)
- Saturday afternoons 1:00 – 4:00 pm (June 8th, and 22nd)
Where Do You Audition
- Church of the Good Shepherd, 219 Scott St., Stayner
- Be prepared to perform 2 songs of your choice in contrasting styles (please bring your own accompanist or a CD/I-pod with background vocals and music only); (no lead vocals please).
- It is strongly recommended that you do not sing ‘a cappella’ (no accompaniment).
- Be prepared to fill out a theatrical resume. Be prepared to have your picture taken. Be prepared to be measured for costumes.
- Most rehearsals will be on Sunday afternoon 2:00 – 5:00 pm; Monday evenings 7:00 – 9:00 pm and Wednesday evenings 7:00 – 9:00 pm,
- Vocal rehearsals will begin in August; blocking rehearsals will be held through September & October; there will be some Saturday rehearsals scheduled (check the calendar on our web site for specific dates) http://clearviewcommunitytheatre.ca/calendar/
- All rehearsals will be held at the Church of the Good Shepherd, 219 Scott St., Stayner until we move to the G.N.E. in mid October.
Show dates at the G.N.E.
October: – (25th 7:30 pm) (26th 3:00 pm; 7:30 pm); (27th 3:00 pm); (30th possibly 2 shows for school during the day); November: – (1st 7:30 pm); (2nd 3:00 pm; 7:30 pm).
- People interested in being part of the production crew (stage crew, set design & painting, lighting, sound, costumes, make-up, front of house) should come to the audition site and register. We will hold a Production Crew meeting early in August to establish timelines and areas of responsibility.
- After auditions are completed the show will be cast and people will be invited to join the cast in a specific role,
- Each cast member will be required to purchase a membership (single $25 – family $60). You will need to purchase your own copy of the script & music ($15.00) and a production fee of $30.00.
- All successful applicants 18 years of age or over will be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check.
- Gren. Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org